Schools and local authorities have to take into account the need to facilitate a number of sporting requirements within their grounds; budgetary and space restraints may not allow for individual sporting needs to be taken into account and therefore have to construct a facility that can respond to the overall school or community needs for multi sport activities. This may include for football, hockey, tennis and netball.
The criteria for the range of multi use surfaces was developed by:
- Meeting with schools and councils and determining their requirements for MUGAs.
- Taking these requirements and working with our yarn suppliers to source the most suitable yarn which has to perform over a variety of sports.
- Site visits throughout the UK and Ireland analysing the results of a variety of surfaces.
- Developing a complete build package which includes the full pitch construction, sub base, drainage, tarmacadam base, shockpad, carpet, fencing and floodlighting.
Sportslawn provide and install synthetic Rugby playing pitches and training surfaces Ireland wide. The International Rugby Board (IRB) and Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) have set out specific requirements for synthetic pitches which differ from that of soccer and hockey.
The differences are:
- PILE HEIGHT – it is recommended that rugby be played on minimum 65mm pile height.
- SHOCK PAD – it is recommended rugby be played on a shock pad to meet Regulation 22 Rugby Turf Performance Specification
- The regulation stipulates that a critical fall height of 1.3 metres should be achieved.
- Installation Options: Turnkey or Subcontractor
Sportslawn provide and install synthetic GAA playing surfaces and artificial training pitches Ireland wide. Natural grass pitches suffer severe wear and tear due to the prevailing climatic conditions – rain! The All-Star range of products has been designed to meet the requirements of Gaelic football, hurling and camogie. The All Star H&C range is designed for hurling and camogie with a sand and rubber infill and a pile height of between 65mm and 70mm.
Sportslawn supply and install synthetic soccer pitches and artificial soccer training surfaces. Often known as Astro Turf pitches or surfaces for 5 aside, our artificial grass sports surfaces meet the increasing demands of soccer clubs throughout the island of Ireland. Installations range from approved 5-aside soccer league www.fai.ie to full size FIFA 1star or FIFA 2star approved www.fai.com. We have many examples of our work in Dublin, Limerick, Cork, Galway, Kildare, Waterford and nationwide.
Soccer ‘Shock Pad’
Increasingly clubs and schools are installing a synthetic shock pad to minimize player injury. The use of laser sensors at installation ensure pitch levels are accurate to +/- 4mm across 4m.
Sportslawn supply and install synthetic hockey pitches and artificial hockey training surfaces. Our artificial grass sports surfaces meet the increasing demands of Hockey clubs throughout the island of Ireland.
Sportslawn supply and install synthetic Athletics tracks.
Sportslawn supply and install install MUGA’s (Multi-Use Games Area’s) which prove very successful with schools, crèches and playgrounds as sizes can vary and they a range of sports can be played and are suitable for all age groups.